Evening all, hope you’ve had a good weekend.
Sharing an art journal page, made using a mix of some the new stamps by Leonie Pujol and one of my fav stamps a butterfly from one of my Indigo Blu stamps sets.
Step by Step
1. Gave the art journal page a light coat of DecoArt Matte Medium.
2. Once the matte medium was completely dry, applied FB Gelatos in shades of yellow and mustard to create the base of the background. Sprayed the background lightly with acrylic ink sprays, in pink, yellow & orange. Heat set the background and added interest to the background using texture stamps by Sheena Douglass and Hobbyart stamps, using Archival ink pads.
3. Using a Leonie Pujol stamp set, stamped the solid heart in pink Archival ink, to create the flower. Stamped the stitched heart outline, from the same Leonie Pujol stamp set, in black Archival ink directly over the pink hearts.
4. Stamped the sentiment, from a Leonie Pujol stamp set, using black Versafine ink. Heat set the text with a heat gun.
5. Stamped the butterfly, from an Indigo Blu stamp set, in Versafine ink in various shades of red & orange. Heat set the stamped butterflies.
6. Stamped the text border around the edge of the page, a Leonie Pujol stamp, using a grey Versafine ink. Heat set the text border.
7. Cut a circle to use for the flower center, using Tattered Lace dies, from a scrap of white card stock. Coloured the circle with FC Gelatos, in orange & yellow. Used a crackle stamp, by Indigo Blu, to add some interest to the flower centre using black Archival ink. Adhered using DecoArt Matte Medium to the page. Used FC Big Brush Pitt pens to add some shade around the flower petals.
8. Sealed the whole page with DecoArt Medium using a sponge to dab the whole page, dabbing avoids moving the water based Gelatos around.
I’ll be entering the following challenges –
Thanks for stopping by 😃