Morning all, thank goodness it’s the weekend, it’s been a hectic week!
It’s time to celebrate Polkadoodles is turning 7.
As this anniversary is normally called the “7 year itch”, the Polkadoodles team have embraced the prickly feeling by scratching that itch and mixing/scratching up some new images … get the pun? Corny we know but the team have had great fun. So to embrace the “itchy scratch” the Polkadoodles team have thrown caution to the wind and “scratched up” a different kind of birthday celebration.
The birthday celebrations will be running for 2 weeks and each day someone from the Polkadoodles team will be sharing their “mixed/scratched up” image. It’s been all hush hush and secret squirrel too as no one knows who has been busy creating what and when they will be revealing their image… so the Polkadoodles team get to join in the fun too. To add an extra layer of itchy fun, everyone has also been colouring up the new “scratched/mixed up” images, (still not knowing who designed them) and they will be sharing via their blogs and on FaceBook.
We really have scratched things up … new merged images, no one knows who created what and no one knows when they’ll be sharing them …!
Please do take the opportunity to visit the Polkadoodles team, you can catch up with team over on Facebook in Polkadoodles Crafting or Digi Choosday Crafting with Polkadoodles groups and see their new digi images because you will find a discount code (or two) along your way that you can use in the Polkadoodles shop.
I got busy and messy making an altered mini clipboard, using my mixed up digi image, available here.
Step by Step
1. Using my mixed up digi image, Oddella with wings, I printed the altered Oddella onto Ultimate Graphic paper and coloured her with a combination of Copic Pens and Faber Castell Polychromo pencils, along with a gold Wink of Stellar brush pen on the crown. Fussy cut Oddella out, I did chop off her handbag because I knew it would be virtually covered with the paper flowers.
2. Used Art Deco Modelling paste with a Viva Decor/Pinflair stencil in a couple of spots on the mini clipboard and allowed to dry.
3. Gave the mini clipboard a thin coat of white gesso, used Art Deco acrylic paints in brown & teal to give an undercoat to the background.
4. Used Ranger Alcohol Inks, in various colours – reds, oranges, gold, silver & green, to create an aged metallic effect for the background. Also adding some to the spring clip of the mini clipboard.
5. Used black Archival ink with various Tim Holtz stamps to add some interest to the background.
6. Highlighted the stencilled embossing with the Pinflair Buff-It.
7. Used a Tattered Lace heart die to cut three hearts from Kraft card, embossed one of the hearts with a Tattered Lace embossing folder. Glued the three hearts together, this was done simply to give the heart some strength because it would be on the spring clip.
8. Cut several cogs and a key, using First Edition dies, and an arrow, using a Sizzix die, from Kraft card. Coloured the heart, cogs, key and arrow with Pinflair Buff-It in several metallic colours.
9. Glued the various die cuts onto the heart, adhered the heart to the spring clip using Pinflair 3D glue gel.
10. Glued my Oddella mixed up digi image to the bottom right hand corner using Art Deco Matte Medium, also sealed Oddella with the Matte Medium too. Added the paper flowers, adhering with Pinflair 3D glue gel, and a couple of sprigs cut from Kraft card, using a Tattered Lace die.
For my mixed up image, I’ve used one of my fav digi characters Oddella with handbag, instant download, and mixed it up with a couple of digi stamps, the crown and the wings, from the Work and Play 9 Love & Kisses Collection, instant download.
The mixed up digi, Oddella with wings, is also available, currently on special offer but don’t delay the special price won’t last for ever 🙂
As part of the Polkadoodles birthday celebrations, I have a fab discount code to share
Enter this code and receive a 25% discount on individual downloads only expires 21st May midnight GMT.
I’ll be entering the following challenges –