Afternoon, I did intend blogging much earlier but the internet keeps dropping here! But we seem to be sorted now, fingers crossed 🙂
My very wonderful hubby bought me the Clarity Groovi starter set, plus some of the additional plates & borders, for Valentines this year. I’ve been seriously tempted with the Groovi since it was released but had managed to resist but I saw the lovely Maria Simms, at the Manchester City craft show demoing on one of the stands. Maria gave me the opportunity to have a play with the system and my resistance failed!!! I have to say I’m really enjoying my new crafty toy and I’ve actually made several cards already with the Groovi.
Here’s my first attempt with the Groovi, really pleased with how it turned out, it’s not perfect but for my first try I’m very happy with the result 🙂
Step by Step
1. I began my creating the frame using the Square Groovi plate, then used the Circle at Groovi plate to create the focal area for the design.
2. I used the Wild Flowers Groovi plate to create the focal design of the card.
3. The ‘Joy’ was added using the alphabet from the Groovi plate mate.
4. I used one designs from the Groovi borders set 1 &2 to add the dotted border in one of the frames.
5. Using the Wild Flowers Groovi plate and the Circle Groovi plate to add a design to one of the frames.
6. I did a little white work, embossing the flowers and some of the circles in the frame.
7. Finally, I coloured the reverse of the parchment using Lyra Rembrandt Polycolor pencils, they worked brilliantly on the parchment and blended together so easily.
8. I trimmed the parchment to size and matted onto a piece of orange card stock, attaching with brads, and mounted onto to my card base with 3D foam tape.
I’ll be entering the following challenges –
The Pencil Case – Week 13 More Than One
Creative Moments – Challenge 87 ATG with twist wet/dry embossing
A Bit More Time To Craft – Challenge 14 ATG
Clarity Stamps – Challenge 36 Love