Morning, it’s Tuesday and the start of a new challenge at Digi Choosday.
The theme is – Anything Goes.
For this weeks challenge, I’ve made a little 5×7″ canvas using an image transfer technique and Polkadoodles Summertime & Magic Garden collections.
Step by Step
1. Painted the canvas board using Dylusions paints, London Blue and Calypso Teal. Used various stencils and Dylusions paints, using the same colours, to add some interest to the background.
2. Using a graphics program, I use My Craft Studio, to size the butterflies and sentiment to fit my canvas, from the Polkadoodles Summertime and Magic Garden collections – “Believe” from Magic Garden and Butterflies and “Let Your Dreams Shimmer” from Summertime. I also changed the pre-coloured butterflies to a black and white image. Printed the images onto copier paper with a laser print, I use the printer setting to print the images in reverse, I simply clicked the mirror check box. I needed the images, especially in the text, because I was using the images for an image transfer technique.
3. Gave the canvas a coat of DecoArt Matte Medium, allowed to dry.
4. Roughly cut out the butterflies and sentiments. Gave the canvas a second coat of DecoArt Medium, I left some areas a little patchy where the large butterfly would be placed because I wanted a more distress effect for the largest butterfly. Whilst the Matte medium is still wet laid the images, face down, onto the canvas. Burnished the images firmly to the canvas. Allowed the canvas to dry overnight.
5. Rubbed away the copier paper, using a damp sponge, to reveal the images and sentiments. Dried off the canvas using a heat tool.
6. Added some shimmer to the canvas using mica sprays in blue and gold.
Polkadoodles Summertime collection – CD-Rom and Stamps
Polkadoodles Magic Garden collection – CD-Rom and Stamps
Don’t forget to grab today’s discount code over on the Digi Choosday blog.
I’ll be entering the following challenges –
Crafting From The Heart – #130 ATG
Make My Monday -#31 No Patterned Paper