Polkadoodles Crafting Challenge – Week 49 – Anything Goes

 Morning everyone, thanks for stopping by, I know how busy this time of the year can get!!!

It’s challenge time over on the Polkadoodles Crafting Challenge

The challenge is ‘Anything Goes’ and  we’d love to see your makes over on the blog, there’s a prize for the winner of the challenge.

For this weeks challenge, I’ve made a mini wreath using the Polkadoodles Super Sprigs die, I also used the snowflakes from the  Polkadoodles Festive Christmas collection stamp sets and the oval frame from the Polkadoodles Bubbleicious die set.

 

 

Step By Step

1. Cut two circles from white card stock, one to create the base for the wreath and the second to cover the ribbon attachment.

2. Cut 18 sprigs using the Polkadoodles Super Sprigs die from white card stock.

3. Coloured the large sprigs with a light blue Copic pen, left the smaller sprigs white.

4. Glued the larger light blue sprigs around the edge of the circle.

5. Glued the smaller white sprigs randomly between the larger light blue sprigs.

6. Cut the oval frame, using the Polkadoodles Bubbleicious die set, from white card stock.

7. Stamped the ‘Wishes’ sentiment, from a Clearly Besotted stamp set, in light blue Memento ink on the oval die cut.

8. Stamped the snowflakes, from the Polkadoodles Festive Christmas collection, in light blue Memento ink on the oval die cut.

9. Used some wooden alphabet letters, pressed into a Versamark ink pad and heat embossed with a WOW silver glitter embossing powder.

10. Attached a blue ribbon for the hanging to the back of the wreath, using red super sticky DS tape.

11. Adhered the second circle to cover the ribbon attachment.

12. Adhered the oval to the centre of the wreath using Pinflair 3D glue gel.

13. Glued the ‘Xmas’ letters to the oval using dries clear glue.

14. Used 3D pearls in light blue on the wreath and added some clear glitter before the 3D pearls dried.

  

Polkadoodles Super Sprigs die

Polkadoodles_Super_Sprig_die.jpg

 

Polkadoodles Bubbleicious die set

Bubbleicious_Die_Set_Polkadoodles.jpg

 

Polkadoodles Festive Christmas Collection – CD-Rom and 2 clear stamp sets

Polkadoodles_Festive_Christmas_bundle_CDROM_and_2_stamp_sets.jpg

 

 

 

I’ll be entering the following challenges –

A Vintage Journey – December Winter Magic

Craft For The Craic – December Christmas Anything But A Card

Crafting With Friends – #33 Anything Goes

 

Thanks for stopping and I hope we will see your makes over on the Polkadoodles Crafting Challenge blog.

 

Fly A Kite

Morning, sharing an art journal page from my small Dylusions journal.

I had a bit of a surprise whilst making this page, sat trying to add finishing touches to the page, ironically attempting to stamp cobwebs when a huge spider ran over my foot!!! Now I’m not scared stiff, anymore, but still rather not be around them. So when I spotted the spider in the corner of my eye thought I was just being silly because I was about to stamp a cobweb, almost fell off my chair when it ran over my foot, yuck!!! Not only was I freaked out but it messed up my stamping, more of an unattractive black smudge than a stamped cobweb.

Question is can you guess where the offending cobweb is? I had to hide it because it was an ugly mess lol 

 

Fly A Kite, Art Journal, Mixed Media, Dylusions, Dyan Reaveley, Clearly Besotted, Inkylicious, Stamping, Stencils, Card-io

 

Step by Step

Started by applying Dylusions paints, used colours Bubblegum Pink, Squeezed Orange, Lemon Zest and Fresh Lime, with a blending tool.

Used various stencils along with Dylusions paints, colours as above, to add interest to the background.

Used a Dylusions background clear stamp set with pink and black archival ink to add depth to the background.

On a piece of white card stock I stamped various elements from Dylusions stamp sets to create my character, using black Memento ink and coloured with Copic markers.

Stamped the raindrops, from an Inkylicious stamp set, on sections of the page using black Archival ink.

Stamped the “flowers” using the circle stamps from Love Struck Lucy Dylusions stamp set and border from a Dylusions clear stamp set

Stamped the sentiment, used a portion of the sentiment from an Inkylicous stamp, with Smokey Gray Versafine ink onto white card stock.

Stamped the kite and tail section, from a Clearly Besotted stamp set, using Smokey Gray Versafine ink onto white card stock. Die cut the kite and tail pieces using the matching die set.

Stamped one of the flowers from Dylusions Doodle Flowers stamp set, using black Memento ink and coloured with Copic markers.

Adhered the stamped elements using DecoArt Matte Medium.

Stamped the foliage at the bottom of the page, from a Card-io stamp set, using black Archival ink.

Used a white Derwent Paint Liner pen to add highlights to the raindrops and some of the stencilled areas. Used the same pen to colour the “flower” stems and added some dots around the outline of the “flowers”.

Used a black Derwent Paint Liner pen to draw the string for the kite tail, outlined the sentiment and the kite plus added a faux stitched border around the edge of the page with the same pen.

Stamped the spider, from a Card-io stamp set, on the kite tail using black Archival ink.

 

Fly A Kite, Art Journal, Mixed Media, Dylusions, Stamping, Stencils, Card-io, Inkylicious

 

I’ll be entering the following challenges –

More Mixed Media – August Anything Goes/Bright Colours

Colour Crazy Craft Challenge – #20 ATG

Daring Cardmakers – Raspberry and Lime

 

Thanks for stopping by 😀