Morning everyone, thanks for popping on over.
It’s time for a new challenge at Polkadoodles Crafting Challenge.
The challenge is ‘Anything Goes’ and we’d love to see your makes over the blog, there’s a prize for the winner of the challenge.
I decided to make an origami star wall hanging using the gorgeous papers from Polkadoodles Festive Christmas collection.
Step by Step
1. Choose 4 paper designs from Polkadoodles Festive Christmas collection and printed out 4 each of the designs as 5″ squares.
2. Used tutorial from the web to create the 16 point origami modular star, it’s a simple fold using the 16 squares which you simply interlock/weave together.
3. Selected a sentiment and a couple of the paper designs to complete the centre of the star, from the Polkadoodles Festive Christmas collection.
4. Cut the Polkadoodles Bubbleicious die frame from the red paper, used a circle die to cut an aperture in the frame. Cut a circle frame from the bauble paper. Adhered the bauble circle frame to the Polkadoodles Bubbleicious die frame.
5. Ran the Polkadoodles Bubbleicious frame through an snowflake embossing folder. Used gold gilding wax to highlight the embossing.
6. Cut a circle from cream stock and adhered to the back of the star. Adhered the Bubblecious frame to the front of the star. Adhered the bauble paper and sentiment to the centre of the star.
7. Embellished the frame with gold 3D liquid pearls.
8. Created a hanging loop at the back of the star, you can’t see because I wanted it to hang like a picture frame.
The origami star when constructed whilst it is reasonable secure, it can come apart because there is no glue involved but the trickiest part is ensuring the centre is circular because it will shift. The use of the frame “locked” the star firmly and I used a circle die cut of a similar size to the centre of the star to make sure it was a circular before glueing.
I’ll be entering the following challenges –
Thanks for stopping by 💕