Morning, how’s your day going?
I’m sharing a mixed media canvas today using some of the new Polkadoodles die sets.
Step by Step
1. To create some easy quick texture to the canvas, Took a piece of white tissue paper and scrumpled up, unscrumpled the tissue paper and adhered to the canvas using matte Mod Podge.
2. Once the Mod Podge had completed dry, applied some more texture to the background using a brickwork stencil, from Creative Expressions mini stencil range, and Deco Art white modelling paste.
3. Once the modelling paste was completed dry used Imagination Crafts Mixed Media Sprays to colour the background.
4. Once the background was dry, added some depth and interest using various stamps and Archival inks.
5. Used Dylusions paints and various stencils to add further interest and layers to the background.
6. Used Cosmic Shimmer Metallic Gilding Polish in a couple of colours to emphasis the brickwork stencilling.
7. Cut the flowers, foliage and frame from white card stock using Polkadoodles die sets – Bubbleilicious die set, Flowers 1 die set & Super Sprigs die. Cut an aperture in the Bubblelicious frame using an X Cut layer die.
8. Coloured the flowers using the Imagination Crafts Mixed Media Sprays. Once the flowers were dry, used black Archival ink and a dotty rubber stamp to embellish the flowers. Edged the flowers with Black Soot Distress ink.
9. Coloured the frame, leaves and foliage with Dylusions Black Marble paint.
10. Once the frame was dry, embossed it using a Tattered Lace embossing folder. Used Pinflair Buff It, Slate, to emphasis the embossing.
11. Adhered the frame, flowers and foliage using a hot glue gun.
12. Used various words and sayings from the Mixed Up Magazine ‘Inspiring Words’ printable, Issue 1 Oct 2016. Adhered to the canvas using Deco Art Matte Medium. Once dry, aged and aged the words using a black paint pen.
13. Used Black Soot Distress Ink around the edge of the canvas. Embellished the centre of the flowers using 3D liquid pearls.
I’ll be entering the following challenges –
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day whatever your up to 🙂