Morning, it’s Tuesday and the start of a new challenge at Digi Choosday.
The theme is – Anything Goes.
For this weeks challenge the DT were asked to used ribbon and/or lace, I decided to make a tag using the Matte Medium image transfer technique using Matte Medium. You can see my other make using the same image transfer technique here.
Step by Step
1. Cut a tag shape from white card stock, created the background, using Imagination Crafts Mixed Media sprays in pink and turquoise.
2. Gave the whole tag a coat of DecoArt Matte Medium, once the paint was completely dry. Left to dry.
3. Printed the cogs and keys image from the Polkadoodles Little Kingdom digital collection, using a laser printer,
4. Gave the tag another coat of Matte Medium, place the image face down on the Matte Medium and burnished the whole image. I heat set the piece and then left to cool and flatten out for a couple of hours, under a heavy book. Usually people leave the piece to dry over night but I’m too impatient, heat setting has worked for me so far but if you try the technique you may want to stick to the traditional method.
5. Using a piece of damp sponge I rubbed away the paper to reveal the image transfer.
6. Embossed the tag using a Tattered Lace embossing folder.
7. Used Creative Expressions Gilding Polish in pink and turquoise to highlight the embossing.
8. Attached a ribbon, paper flowers and the sentiment. The sentiment was cut from black card stock using a Tattered Lace alphabet die set.
9. Matted on to black card stock and trimmed.
Don’t forget to grab today’s discount code over on the Digi Choosday blog.
I’ll be entering the following challenges-
Thanks for stopping by 💋