Morning, hope you’re all doing well.
It’s Tuesday and that means a new challenge at Digi Choosday. This week I’ve made a little canvas using the Scientist Digi Bundle from Polkadoodles.
Step by Step
1. Used a graphics program, My Craft Studio, with images & text from the Polkadoodles Work and Play 12 Science bundle. I created the layout, sizing the images to fit my canvas, 7×5″.
2. Using a hot glue gun, I applied a lot of hot glue at the top of the canvas and allowed to drip down, be uber careful the hot glue is called hot glue for very good reason and you don’t want to stick a finger in it. I wedged the canvas between two heavy weight books, I needed the canvas upright to allow the glue to drip down but didn’t want my fingers anywhere near the hot glue. Once the first layer of drips had cooled I applied a second layer of hot glue drips. Allowed to cool down completely before starting any painting.
3. Cut the designs from Polkadoodles Science Bundle I’d chosen for the canvas.
4. Used Dylusions paint, Lemon Zest, to paint the canvas and the hot glue drips. Allowed to dry.
5. Used the dry brush technique to apply some Dylusions paint, Dirty Martini, over areas of the canvas and hot glue drips. I wasn’t looking for perfect coverage on the hot glue drips, it’s suppose to be gunge so didn’t need to be perfect.
6. Used a few stencils, Tim Holtz & Imagination Crafts, with Dylusions paints, Dirty Martini, Squeezed Orange and Black Marble, to create some interest in the background.
7. Loaded a paintbrush with Dylusions Squeezed Orange to add some paint flicks to the canvas. Allowed to dry.
8. Used Black Soot Distress ink around the edge of the canvas.
9. Adhered the Scientist and embellishments using Pinflair 3D glue gel.
The images on the canvas are all pre-coloured elements from the Polkadoodles Science bundle
Don’t forget the fabulous discount, available for today only, over on the Digi Choosday challenge blog.
I’ll be entering the following challenges –
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy your day 💋