Morning, it’s Tuesday and that means it’s time for a new challenge at Digi Choosday.
This weeks challenge is ‘Add some Bling’, I hope you’ve got your sunglasses to hand for my make. Not only have I got the glitter out but it’s quite a bold, colourful art journal page 😎
Step by Step
1. Used Liquitex acrylic paints in various colours to make the base for my background. Heat set the paints using a heat gun.
2. Used various stencils, from Imagination Crafts, Clarity Stamps & Bee Crafty, along with black & white acrylic paints and a sponge to add interest to the background.
3. To add further interest and depth to the background, used stamps, from Tim Holtz & Creative Expressions, with black Versafine ink. Heat set the stamping.
4. Went around the stencilled splodges with a white gel pen, also highlighted the stencilled chevron with a white gel pen.
5. Used a graphics program to size and crop the Polkadoodles Dollie Daydream Kawaii digi stamp, to fit my A4 journal page.
6. Printed onto Ultimate Graphic paper and coloured with Copic markers. Used a Sakura Stardust pen to add some sparkle to the ribbon, hair wraps & scarf. Fussy cut out the coloured image.
7. Using an off cut of paper, painted it with Liquitex yellow acrylic paint. Heat set the paint and stamped a Tim Holtz text stamp with black Versafine ink and used clear embossing powder and heated. Used Sheena Douglass texture stamp around the edge of the text using a black Versafine ink, heat set the ink.
8. Adhered the text and Dollie Daydream image to the journal page, using DecoArt Matte Medium. Used Faber Castell Pitt pens around the edge of the text and Dollie Daydream to add some shadow.
9. Drew three hearts on the page using a white gel pen, used Rangers Glossy Accents to fill the hearts and sprinkled glitter over the Glossy Accents whilst wet.
Dollie Daydream Kawaii is available as an individual digi stamp or you can get her in the full Dollie Daydream Goes East , along with lots of other yummy digi stamps, papers, embellishments and so much more. Click on the piccies below to be taken to the Polkadoodles website.
Don’t forget to get the discount code, valid for today only, to use at Polkadoodles, who doesn’t love a saving!!! Just click on the piccie below to be taken to the Digi Choosday challenge, for the details of the challenge, lots more inspiration and the discount code 😃
I’ll be entering the following challenges –
Thanks for stopping by and I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment ❤️