Morning all, hope you’re all doing well.
It’s Tuesday so that means the start of a new challenge at Digi Choosday, this weeks theme is ‘For A Male’.
I decided to use Polkadoodles Work and Play 8 – Feel the Music collection, combining pre-coloured digi images from the collection and a little stencilling and stamping.
I used the pre-coloured guitar and speaker images from the collection but created my own background using inks plus I stamped the greeting.
Step by Step
1. Used a graphics program, My Craft Studio, to size the guitar and speaker images to fit my A5 card blank. I duplicated the guitar image for the top layer of my decoupage. I grouped the other guitar and speaker images together, placing the grouped image in the centre of one half of the A4 screen page, this would be the base of the topper. I duplicated the grouped image for my first layer of decoupage. Placing the decoupage elements on the other half of the A4 screen page. Printed out the page and trimmed the topper to fit my A5 card blank and fussy cut the decoupage elements.
2. Using a stencil, from Imagination Crafts, and a Creative Expressions Colour Cloud Blending ink & a smoothie, I created the splatter background. I didn’t have to worry about masking off the guitar and speaker because I would be decoupaging the image. Used a Sakura Micron pen around the edge of the splatters.
3. Used the Creative Expressions Colour Cloud Blending ink and smoothie to frame the edge.
4. Heat set the Colour Cloud ink, they are very juicy and will hold embossing powder when wet, and stamped the Birthday Wishes’ greeting, from Clearly Besotted, using a black Versafine ink pad. Used clear embossing powder on the greeting and heat embossed.
5. Used a Sakura Micron pen to create a border around the edge.
6. Matted the topper onto black card stock, adhering the mat onto the card blank using 3D foam pads.
7. Used 3D foam pads to decoupage the first layer, the complete guitar and speaker.
8. Used an clear embossing pen & clear embossing powder on the red sections of the guitar, heat embossed. Repeated the heat embossing twice.
9. Shaped the guitar a little with a bone folder and adhered with Pinflair 3D glue gel.
Work and Play 8 – Feel The Music full collection is available as an instant download here
If you prefer the full collection is also available on CD-ROM available here
Look forward to seeing your makes for the challenge and don’t forget to get your discount code from the Digi Choosday blog to use at Polkadoodles, valid for today only.
I’ll be entering the following challenges –
Thanks for stopping by 🙂