Afternoon, well it’s a little cooler here in the North West of England, it’s actually rained today!!
Sharing a sample I made for the launch of the new Polkadoodles release, Summertime.
A clean and simply make, unusual for me!
Step by Step
1. Cut white card stock to fit A5 card blank.
2. Use masking tape to create a broad strip in the centre of the card stock, leaving two small strips at the top and bottom of the card stock.
3. Using Creative Expressions Colour Cloud blending inks, in red, orange and yellow, and Smoothie sponges apply colour to the centre of panel. Also colour the top and bottom strips with Colour Cloud inks.
4. Use one of the flower heads from the Summertime stamp set and create several masks, I use Eclipse Masking Tape to create masks but you can use Post-It notes or the like.
5. Stamp the central panel using the masking technique with the flower head and black Versafine ink, ensuring the first flower head stamped will be whole flower because it will be emphasized with Glossy Accents at the end and is stamped in the position you desire. Leave a gap in the bottom left hand corner to stamp your sentiment.
6. Stamp the ‘Hello’ sentiment from the Summertime stamp set, using black Versafine.
7. Use a Sakura Micron pen to draw a wiggle line at the edges of the coloured panels.
8. Adhered the background onto the black A5 card blank.
9. Use Rangers Glossy Accents to emphasize the whole flower head.
You can order the Summertime collection at Polkadoodles, the best value by far is the CD-ROM and stamp set bundle, however, the CD-ROM and stamp set are both available invidually too. If you just want the digital collection, a download is also available. Click on the piccies to be taken straight to the Polkadoodles website 🙂
I’ll be entering the following challenges –
Thanks for stopping by 🙂