Evening, it’s hot, hot, hot here in Preston, I know I shouldn’t complain about nice weather but if it could just cool down a bit in the evening that would be spot on for me lol
Hope you caught the new release from Polkadoodles on Create and Craft yesterday, Nikky was showcasing two new collections Daisydays and Summertime. Both collections have a digital collection and a matching stamp set, the digital collection has a new concept for stamping – overlays which are basically a blueprint for designing with the stamps, a perfect way to get stamping and a brill addition for more experienced stampers for when they have crafters block!! If you missed the show you can catch up online at Create and Craft here.
Sharing a sample I made for the show, using the Daisydays stamp set.
Step by Step
1. Cut a circle from watercolour card using a die set, Tattered Lace.
2. Used home made spray inks, acrylic fluid inks diluted with water in mini misters, in several different colours to create th background on the circle die cut.
3. Stamped the butterfly, from the Daisydays stamp set, several times onto Judikins Eclipse Masking Tape (alternatively use something like sticky notes) to create a mask. I created several masks because the butterflies would be overlapping in several places. Remember when cutting out your mask to cut into the line of the stamped image, rather than around the line, or you will end up the shadow or gap around the masked image.
4. Once the inks were completely dry, I stamped the butterfly using a Versafine black ink all over the circle using the masks. I intended cutting the centre from the background and made sure to stamp a whole butterfly in centre of the card stock so when I cut out the centre that I’ve have a co-ordinating butterfly to decoupage up later. Coloured the circles in the butterfly wings with Faber Castell Pitt pens, in co-ordinating colours.
5. Cut a smaller circle from the centre if the background. Cut a circular aperture in black card stock to frame the centre, glued to the back of the butterfly background. Edged the background using a blue Memento ink pad.
6. Cut a large circle from white card stock and stamped the butterfly and sentiment, using black Versafine ink pad, in the centre.
7. Adhered the stamped background using 3D foam pads onto the white card stock.
8. Adhered the topper onto a black circle card blank, made using Tattere Lace dies.
9. Cut out the butterfly from the centre ‘waste’ and decoupaged to the centre using Pinflair 3D glue gel. Used Rangers Glossy Accents on the butterfly.
10. Used Rangers Glossy Accents on the butterfly wings in the background.
You can purchase the Daisydays complete collection here, this is exceptional value for money.
the stamp set is available on it’s own here
the digital collection is available on CD-Rom individually here
A download of the digital collection is also available here
I’ll be entering the following challenges –
Addicted to Stamps and more – #197 Make your Mark (Spray inks, Pitt pens, ink pads)
Fab n Funky Challenges – #308 Favourite Colour Combo (Pink, orange & yellow)
Repeat Impressions DCC68 – Use Two or More Stamps (Butterfly stamp & sentiment ‘A Little Wish’ stamp)
Thanks for stopping by 🙂