Morning, it’s Tuesday and the start of a new challenge at Digi Choosday, this weeks theme is ‘Add a Sentiment’.
I started by choosing my sentiment and went with ‘Take a moment’, a sentiment from the fabulous new Polkadoodles digi collection Winnie in Wonderland, it’s a stunning collection and the full collection is jam packed with goodies. I also used the delicious white rabbit from the Winnie in Wonderland collection because he is dashing about, worrying, he definitely needs to take a moment, something I think we can all identify with!! The elements I’d choosen seemed perfect for an art journal page and that’s exactly what I made 🙂
Step by Step
1. Choose my sentiment and digi image from the Winnie in Wonderland collection and sized in my graphics program to fit my A5 art journal, printed out onto Ultimate Graphics paper.
2. Coloured the white rabbit using Copic markers, cut out the rabbit and the sentiment.
3. Gave the art journal page a coat of DecoArt Matte Medium, once dry I began creating the background. I used Faber Castell Gelatos, in various yellow tones, brown, pinks and purples, to create the base and gave it a light spray of my home made ink spray, purple fluid acrylic ink mixed with water. I also spray with plain water and used scrunched up kitchen roll to create some interest in the background.
4. Used Archival inks, in various colours, along with various rubber stamps to add some depth to the background.
5. Sealed the FC Gelatos etc with DecoArt Matte Medium, dabbing it over the whole page with a piece of sponge.
6. Adhered the rabbit and sentiment to the page with Matte Medium, sealing them with the Matte Medium too.
7. I wanted to make the rabbit look more vintage so I used a Faber Castell Big Brush Pitt pens, in ivory and pale brown, over the whole image and blended with a finger to give him a more aged feel.
8. Coloured the sentiment with FC Big Brush Pitt pens, in various colours, and used a Copic Multi-liner pen to add some faux stitching around the edge.
9. Add some shadow around the sentiment and rabbit using FC Big Brush pens and added some faux stitching around the edge of the page using a Copic Multi-liner pen.
Don’t forget to pop on over to the Digi Choosday for more inspiration from the Digi Choosday Design Team and get the discount code, valid for today only.
I’ll be entering the following challenges –