Morning, hope you’re all well!
It’s Tuesday and time for a new challenge at Digi Choosday.
This weeks theme is ‘Think Summer’, here’s hoping we get one in the UK!!!
I decided to make an addition to one of my art journals and choose an adorable beach hut from the Sundae of Seasons collection.
Are you singing along now!!!!
Step by Step
1. I sized the beach hut to fit my A5 art journal and printed onto Ultimate Graphic paper. To size the beach hut, I simply used the snapshot tool in Adobe to select the beach hut I wanted on the PDF sheet and altered my printer settings to achieve the require size.
2. I added a few extra details to the beach hut digi image using a Sakura Micron pen, , I drew in the planks on the door and body of the hut & bolts around the window.
3. Coloured the beach hut with Faber Castell Polychromo pencils before fussy cutting the digi out.
4. I gave the art journal page a quick coat of Deco Art Matte Medium, once dry, I used Faber Castell Gelatos to create the background.
5. Used a couple of Imagination Craft stencils along with Creative Expressions Colour Cloud Blending inks, to add a little more depth and interest to the background.
6. Adhere the beach but to the page using Deco Art Matte medium. I also gave the whole page a coat of Matte Medium, using a sponge to dab the Matte Medium over the page to avoid moving the Gelatos and Colour Cloud inks as they are water based.
7. Once the Deco Art Matte Medium had dried, I used a Faber Castell Big Brush Pitt pen to add some shade around the beach hut and ground it to the beach.
8. Finally, I used a Tim Holtz alphabet stamp set to add the text, using black Versafine ink.
The Sundae of Seasons collection is a fabulous collection covering just about every occasion, it’s absolutely busting at the seams with yummy digi stamps, printable papers, embellishments etc.
Look forward to seeing your makes for the challenge over on the Digi Choosday blog and don’t forget the discount code available on the blog is valid for today only, don’t miss out.
I’ll be entering the following challenges –