Morning everyone, it’s Tuesday so the start of a new challenge at Digi Choosday.
This weeks theme is ‘Embossing’, it could be embossing folders, embossing powders or embossing pastes etc you choose!
I’ve made a page in my A5 art journal and incorporated embossing paste through stencils.
Step by Step
1. Choose the butterfly and quote from the Polkadoodles Stamp Soup Lavender Tea CD-ROM. Resized and manipulated using a My Craft Studio graphics program.
2. Coloured the butterfly using Copic markers.
3. Used stencils from Imagination Crafts and white embossing paste to create the embossed harlequin & dotty areas. Allowed the embossing paste to dry complete before adding any colour
4. To create the base for background, I used Faber Castell Gelatos in blues & greens.
5. Used my home made spray inks, made using fluid acrylic inks diluted with water to suit, to add more colour to the background. I used yellow, green and blue ink sprays.
7. Adhered the butterfly and quote to the background using Art Deco Matte Medium.
8. Used Faber Castell Pitt pens to add colour to the quote and around the butterfly to add some depth.
9. Used a silver Faber Castell Gelato to emphasis the embossed areas.
10. Used a Copic Multi Liner pen to add a frame around the edge of the page.
Thanks for stopping by 🙂
I’ll be entering the following challenges –