Morning, it’s Tuesday so time for the new Digi Choosday Challenge.
This weeks theme is ‘Anything Goes’, so whatever your style or design, come on over and join in with the challenge.
I’ve created a page in one of my art journals, using the brilliant Ickyink Oddella with handbag digi stamp, a sentiment from the Stamp Soup Lavender Tea CD- ROM and I also used the Lavender Tea Stamp Soup and Lemonade Fizz Stamp Soup stamp sets in the background.
Step by Step
1. I took the Oddella digi stamp into my graphics program, I used My Craft Studio, and crop and resized to fit my A5 page in my art journal.
2. I cropped and resized the sentiment from the Stamp Soup Lavender Tea CD-ROM.
4. Coloured Oddella digi stamp with Copic pens & Sakura Stardust pens and then fussy cut her. Cut out the sentiment, I wasn’t very precise just cut by hand leaving enough room so I could add a border/frame with pen later.
5. To create the background on the A5 page, I used Creative Expressions Colour Cloud blending inks in yellow, pink & orange.
6. Used my mini minsters with fluid acrylic inks diluted with water, I used Magic Color fluid acrylic inks, in yellow, orange and purple to spray/splatter the background.
7. Used stencils from Clarity Stamps, Tim Holtz & Dyan Reaveley together with the Creative Expressions Colour Cloud blending inks ( a dark purple & grey) to add depth to the background.
9. Coloured the stamp hearts with a pink Faber Castell Pitt pen.
10. Glued Oddella and sentiment in place using Art Deco Matte Medium, I also gave the whole page a thin coat of the matte medium.
11. Once the matte medium was dry, I coloured the sentiment with yellow & orange FC Pitt pens. Added some shadow around the stamped heart using a warm grey FC Pitt pen and highlighted Oddella with orange and yellow FC Pitt pens.
12. Used a Copic multi-liner pen to add a border to the page and the sentiment.
Don’t forget there’s a discount code over on the Digi Choosday Challenge to use at Polkadoodles for today only, don’t miss out!
Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment 🙂
I’ll be entering the following challenges –