Morning, hope you’re all well today!
Sharing an art journal page today, got nice and inky and messy creating this page.
Step by Step
1. Gave the page in my journal a quick coat of white gesso.
2. Used an Imagination Crafts stencil and some white Art Deco Modelling Paste to create some texture in the background.
3. Used Faber Castell Gelatos to create the basis of the background, used a water downed white gesso to tone down the Gelatos and blend them together more.
4. Took some fluid acrylic ink sprays, in pink, yellow & orange, and sprayed over the page.
4. Used various stamps, from Creative Expressions, Inkylicious & Hobby Art, to create interest in the background, using various colours of Rangers Archival ink pad.
5. Stamped the girls image & text, both are from an Indigo Blu stamp set, using black Memento ink onto Ultimate Graphic paper, from Polkadoodles.
6. Coloured the girl using Copic pens.
7. Die cut several different size hearts, I used a Tattered Lace die set, from a book page.
8. Sprayed the hearts with fluid acrylic ink sprays. Heat set the sprays, stamped with Tim Holtz stamp using a brown Archival ink.
9. Glued the girls and hearts to the art journal page using Art Deco Matte Medium.
10. Used Faber Castell Pitt pens around the girl and hearts to make them pop on the page.
11. Glued the stamped text into the large heart, using Art Deco Matte Medium. Applied a thin coat of Matte Medium over the whole page. Heat set the Matte Medium, then coloured the text with FC Pitt pens.
12. Used a FC Pitt pen around the edge of the page to frame it.
Thanks for stopping by 🙂
I’ll be entering the following challenges –