Afternoon, hope everyone enjoyed their long weekend in the UK!
I’m sharing a make using the Lemonade Fizz Stamp Soup stamp set from Polkadoodles,.
I just love these new collections from Polkadoodles they are just so versatile.
Step by Step
1. Cut white card stock to size, to fit an embossing folder. I wanted to emboss my card stock but I wanted a smooth unembossed area to create a focal point. To do this, I took a stencil and with the card stock in the embossing folder (I used a Tattered Lace embossing folder), laid the stencil on the outside/top of the embossing folder (NOT inside the embossing folder or you will damage your stencil) and ran through my die cutting machine. I used the plain circle stencil, from Clarity Stamp, it’s a square stencil with a circle cut out of the centre, this allowed me to emboss the outside frame and have no embossing in the middle.
3. Use Creative Expressions Colour Cloud blending inks to colour the background.
3. Stamp the flower and text using black Archival ink and the Polkadoodles Lemonade Fizz Stamp Soup stamp set.
4. Colour the stem & leaves with Faber Castell Pitt pens. In the coloured background area, you can remove the blending inks by taking a wet paintbrush and painting in the area and blotting with a tissue. Once the area is dry colour with the FC Pitt pens.
5.. Take another small piece of white card stock and stamp out the heart petals and leaves to decoupage up the flower.
6. Colour the petals with the Colour Cloud blending inks and the leaves with FC Pitt pens, cut out the petals and leaves.
7. Using a black Sakura Micron pen add wiggly lines around the circle and edge of the background.
8. Matt the background onto black card stock and adhere to your card blank, I used a 8×8″ card blank.
9. Decoupage your petals and leaves using Pinflair 3D glue gel.
10. Use black Card Kandi in the four corners to finish.
I’ll be entering the following challenges –