Afternoon, lovely morning here, it’s still on the cold side but weather definitely improving 🙂
Sharing a make using the Polkadoodles Stamp Soup stamp set Lavender Tea.
Step by Step
1. Take three colours of Distress inks and an acrylic block, put ink from the ink pads directly onto the acrylic block.
2. Spritz the acrylic block & inks lightly with a water mini mister.
3. Take a piece of white card stock, I used water colour card, and place directly over the acrylic block and apply light pressure. Twist the card stock lightly to move the inks around and blend together.
4. Remove the card stock from the acrylic block, if the ink is as you want spritz the card stock with the water mini mister. Allow the ink to move around by tilting the card stock gently.
5. Take a second piece of card stock, again I used watercolour card, and take a second print from the acrylic block. This print will be much lightly and patchy, this will be used to create the decoupaged petals for the flowers.
5. Heat set both pieces of card stock using a heat gun.
6. Using the Polkadoodles Stamp Soup Lavender Tea stamp set, create your main flower and add a few smaller flowers at the sides, stamping with black Archival ink, on the first generation inked background. I used a black Sakura micron pen to create the stems for the smaller flowers.
7. Stamp additional petals and flower centre, using black Archival ink, on the second generation inked card stock and cut out.
8. Take a 8×8″ card blank, using the same Distress inks, blender and a stencil, I used an splatter from an Imagination Crafts stencil, create a background to frame your focal image. Ink the edges of the card with one of the Distress inks.
9. Ink the edges of the focal image using one of the Distress inks. Matt onto the card blank using 3D foam pads.
10. Take the additional petals and arrange on top of the flower, adhere using Pinflair 3D glue gel and adhere the flower centre, also using Pinflair 3D glue gel.
You can see more of my makes using the brand new Polkadoodle Stamp Soup collection here –
I’ll be entering the following challenges –