Morning, it’s Tuesday so we have a new challenge starting at Digi Choosday, this weeks theme is ‘Flower Frenzy’.
I just had to use the brand new release Lavender Tea collection from Polkadoodles.
Step by Step
The sentiment and all the images are from the Lavender Tea collection from Polkadoodles.
1. Using a graphics program, I resized the floral wreath to create a frame for my card design.
2. I selected a sentiment and then choose flowers in black & white and pre-coloured because this matched perfectly with the sentiment.
3. Selected a butterfly from the collection and resized and arranged along with the flowers & sentiment within the frame. I also copied the same butterfly to decoupage up with the design.
5. I copied some sections of the frame so I could decoupage some of the flowers on the frame.
6. I used a canvas effect card stock to print out the various elements.
7. Used a circle die to cut the main design and cut out the other elements for decoupage by hand.
8. Used a Wink of Stellar clear glitter brush pen to highlight the flowers in the centre. To make the wreath frame seem more 3D I used a cool grey Copic pen around the edge to make it pop on the white background, also did the same around the butterfly too.
9. Matted and layered the background design onto my card blank, made using a circle die, and decoupaged the flower & butterfly using Pinflair 3D glue gel.
10. Used a liquid pearl pen to embellish the centre of the flowers in the frame.
Don’t forget there’s a generous discount code valid for today only to use at Polkadoodles.
Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, it’s much appreciated 🙂
I’ll be entering the following challenges –