Morning, how are we today? Yesterday was a bit of a right off, I was suppose to go Prom shopping with my youngest but I was sick as a parrot. I was fine Friday morning but in the afternoon I was decidely green and didn’t feel much better the day after, so no shopping yesterday so off to the shops today!
So while I’m getting ready to brave the shops with a picky teenager, I’ve scheduled a post sharing a card made for the launch of Stamp Soup from Polkadoodles, this card mainly uses the Lavender Tea stamp set, the text is from the Lemonade Fizz stamp set.
Step by Step
1. I stamped the elements from the Lavender Tea stamp set to create my flowers and border using black Archival ink, on watercolour card stock. I used the text ‘Hello’ from the Lemonade Fizz stamp set, stamping with black Archival ink.
2. Heat set the Archival ink and spritzed the card stock lightly with water. I sprinkled two Brusho powders onto the card stock and spritzed again with water and moved the card stock around to achieve the effect I wanted. I then heat set the Brushos with a heat gun.
4. Coloured the flowers using Faber Castell Pitt Pens.
5. I inked the edge of the card stock with a red Memento ink pad and blender tool, I also added a little Black Soot Distress ink around the edge too. Adding a few white dots over the background, using a white Graph’it shaker pen.
6. Matted the background onto white card stock, which was edged with a red Memento ink pad and blender tool.
7. Finally matting onto the black card blank.
I’ll be entering the following challenges –