Afternoon, sharing the last of the samples I made for the launch of the Lily Bug Love collection, from Polkadoodles, on Create and Craft TV, yesterday. If you missed the show you can see it online here, lots of inspiration from Nikky Hall and the Polkadoodles design team.
Step by Step
1. Using a graphics program, I use My Craft Studio, sized the mushrooms, quote and ladybird, from the Lily Bug Love collection, to fit the tag I would be creating.
2. Once printed I coloured the mushrooms and ladybirds with Copics pens, fussy cutting out the elements.
3. Using fluid acrylic ink sprays, I sprayed a piece of watercolour card to create the background.
4. Cut the watercolour card to the tag shaped and edged with blue Memento ink to define the edges.
5. Used a Copic Multi Liner black pen to create the faux stitching around the edge of the tag.
6. Used a Memento ink pads to colour the quote and snipped the individual words.
7. Used Deco Art Matte Medium to adhere the mushrooms, ladybird and quote.
8. Used Graph-it shaker pens, white, silver & gold, to add dots to the tag.
9. Used Faber Castell Pitt Pens around the edges of the mushrooms, ladybird & quote to make them pop a little more. I also grounded the mushrooms using the FC Pitt Pens too.
10. Matted the tag onto black cardstock and trimmed, punching a hole at the top of the tag.
11. Used cream 3D liquid pearls on the mushrooms, to add a little more texture.
I’ll be entering the following challenges
Step By Step
1. I used a little canvas board, 5 x7″, and primed with cream acrylic paint (couldn’t find my gesso!!!)
2. Once the paint was dry I sprayed with fluid acrylic inks and left to dry.
3. I used a graphics program to size the elements I choosen from the Lily Bug Love collection to fit the canvas.
4. Once the elements where printed I coloured Lily Bug Love & the mushrooms using Copic pens, fussy cutting the elements after colouring.
5. Coloured the quote with Memento ink pads.
6. Adhered the elements to the canvas using Deco Art Matte Medium.
7. I inked up the edge of the canvas using a blue Memento ink pad.
8. Add a wiggle edge to frame the canvas using a black Copic Multi Liner pen.
9. Using Faber Castell Pitt pens around Lily Bug, mushrooms & the quote to make them pop. I also used the Pitt pens to ground. Lily Bug and the mushrooms.
10. Used. Graph-it shaker pens, in white, gold & silver, and Faber Castell white Pitt pen to dot around the canvas
11. Used Glossy Accents on the mushrooms & the ladybird to finish.
I’ll be entering the following challenges –
The gift bag background was created in the same way as for the tag & canvas but the elements used to decorate are all pre-coloured elements from the Lily Bug Love collection.
I’ll be entering the following challenges with the gift bag above –