Morning folks, how are we all?
It’s Tuesday so that means it’s time for a new challenge at the Digi Choosday challenge blog, this weeks theme is ‘Not A Card’. This week theme has soooo many possibilities, MDF, tags, boxes, ATCs, Pocket Letters, art journal pages, the choices is yours so long as as it’s not a card!
Surprise, surprise, I decided on a super size tag and I couldn’t resist using the fantastic new collection from Polkadoodles, Lily Bug Love. You can get the full the Lily Bug Love collection on CD-Rom here or as a digital download here, or if you just want elements from the collection there are individual downloads available too here.
Step By Step
1. Using a graphics program, I use My Craft Studio, I began by creating the background for the tag. I started by choosing the elements I wanted to use on the tag. I choose a backing paper from the Lily Bug Love collection and brought down the opacity.
2. I used one of the leaf embellies, which comes as a lovely soft green embellishment in the collection, and changed the colour to black. I used several of these in varying sizes and altered the angle of the leafs around the edge of the tag.
3. I resized Lily Bug to fit the tag space, I also copied the resized Lily Bug twice to use to build up the decoupage on the tag.
4. I used three of the mushrooms, resized and layered next to Lily Bug. I also copied the resized mushrooms again so I could decoupage the elements.
5. I chose three of the ladybird elements, from the Lily Bug Love collection, and placed onto the tag area. This completed the background I would be using for the basis of the tag.
6. I also choose some text and used on a heart embellishment, resizing to fit the tag. I also chose a few buttons and resize accordingly.
7. Once I printed off the background design and decoupage elements. I trimmed the background to a tag shape and I cut out the decoupage elements for Lily Bug and the mushrooms.
8. For the heart and buttons, I pressed a Versamark ink pad on them and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.
9. Using a white Graph’it Shake marker, I added dots to the leaves and went round the leaves.
10. I used Faber Castell Big Brush markers around Lily Bug, in black and yellow, to make her stand out a little more.
11. Inked the edge of the tag with a black ink pad.
12. Decoupage the mushrooms, trimming the excess at the edges, and Lily Bug using 3D foam pads.
14. Add a little sparkle, to the mushrooms and the heart Lily Bug is holding, with a Wink of Stellar clear glitter pen.
15. Used 3D foam pads/glue to add the heart text and buttons.
16. Matted the design onto black card stock and punched a hole.
Don’t forget to get the fantastic discount code to use at Polkadoodles on digital downloads, full details over on the Digi Choosday blog. Click the piccie below to pop on over to the blog to see more inspiration from the Digi Choosday design team and to get the discount code, available for use today only.
I’ll be entering the following challenges –