Afternoon, hope you’ve all had an enjoyable weekend!
I’m sharing another Art Journal page, the subject of the page is tea, did you guess??
I lurvvveeee tea, it’s my favourite beverage 🙂 Ironically, I can’t make a decent cuppa of tea!! Fortunately, my hubby makes the best cuppa every, despite the fact he doesn’t drink tea.
Polkadoodles launched a new collection at the weekend, Winnie Sugar Sprinkles, and when I saw the digi stamp of the tea cups in the collection and just had to make something using them. The tea cups also reminded me of a fabulous quote about tea which just about sums up my tea-aholic nature.
Step By Step
1. I gave the page a quick coat of white gesso and once dry I applied Faber Castell Gelatos, in yellow, red & orange.
2. The FC Gelatos are water based and I wanted to seal them so I applied a coat of Art Deco Matte Medium. I pounced the Matte Medium on with a sponge because, as mentioned before Gelatos are water based, so would dilute and move with the Matte Medium.
3. I used various rubber stamps and stencils on the background to add interest, using Archival inks. I also added a few random dotty sections using a Faber Castell Big Brush Pitt pen in black and white.
4. I also used a heart stencil from Clarity Stamps, with a red FC Big Brush Pitt pen and then emphasized the heart with a black FC Pitt pen, smuding the edges a little.
5. I printed out the digi stamp of the tea cups, from the Winnie Sugar Sprinkles collection, coloured with Copics and fussy cut. To embellish further I used a white FC Big Brush Pitt pen to add the dots to the tea cups.
6. The quote was typed up on my PC, printed out and snipped. I coloured the quote pieces using fluid acrylic ink sprays.
7. I adhered the tea cups and quote using Art Deco Matte Medium.
8. To make the teacups and quote pop on the page, I used the FC Pitt pens to edge around the images and smudged the ink to soften the edges.
If you want to see more of the Winnie Sugar Sprinkles collection, click on the piccie below to pop on over to the Polkadoodles website.
I’ll be entering the following challenges –
Crafting When We Can – Challenge #113 Use A Digital Stamp ( The tea cup stack is a digi)